Au pair in France (EN) – becoming au pair in France
Oliver Twist was created in 1992. We are affiliated to the Quality contract of “L’Office” and are full members of The UFAAP and IAPA which ensure you the high quality of our services.
We have over 20 years’ experience organizing high quality au-pair placements in France. We have earned a solid reputation through our rigorous selection of families and au-pairs, taking into consideration the needs of both parties.
The au pair in France program is a cultural exchange in which you will be sharing the life of a family. We place au pairs throughout France but mostly in the great south west (Bordeaux, Nantes, Angers, Toulouse, …).
AU PAIR IN FRANCE PROGRAM
Au pair placement in France is concluded as part of the Europe Agreement. This is a cultural exchange program in which you are treated like a family member.
The success of your stay as au pair in France will depend mainly on the ties you create with your host family, the attention you give to the children and mutual respect of commitments.
WHAT COMMITMENTS ?
- You will work 30 hours per week with one to two days off per week and at least one full weekend per month.
- 1 week paid for 6 months program and all bank holidays off (or paid extra if worked).
- You will take French courses (you will pay for it your pocket money)
- Length of stay 2 is months minimum during the summer, 9 months minimum during the school year
As au pair in France we will provide you:
- Assistance and support in organizing your arrival (all administrative tasks…)
- Emergency phone number 24/7
- Meeting with the other au pairs in France in your area
- Network: Skype, Facebook, Twitter etc. to join us.
THE HOST FAMILY
They will provide you, as their au pair in France:
- A single room just for you.
- The full meals every day.
- Time for the French courses.
- Medical insurance (100% medical, civil liability, repatriation).
- At least 80 € of pocket money per week.
- A local transportation card.
- One train ticket to Paris, round trip, during your stay if you are placed somewhere else.
Au pair in France : The procedure
Your registration and your placement are free
Your obligations when you become au pair in France
You will only have to pay for your french courses and your travel. Be careful, french courses are compulsory.
The Oliver twist agency will help you find a language school close to where you live, once you are au pair in France.
When your file is complete, we will send it to our families. When a family is interested in your profile, we will send you their contact details so you can be in touch by mail or skype. Once they accept you, we take care of administrative procedures.
The requirements to become au pair in France:
- You must be between 18 and 28 years old.
- Have a childcare experience
- Have a good level of conversation in french or in english.
- Be available at least 6 months but preferably between 9 to 12 months (at least 2 months during the summer). Placement to become au pair will be easier if you want to stay longer.
- Agree to take French courses during your stay (except during the summer).
- Have a clean criminal record.
FORMALITIES AND CONSTITUTION OF THE FILE
Citizens of the European Union must hold a national identity card or a valid passport.
To register, we ask :
- The Au pair application form
- 2 smiling ID pictures
- A cover letter in French
- 2 childcare references
- A character letter
- Photocopy of your identity card or passport
- Copy of your driving license (optional)
- CV in French
- Copy of your last diploma
- Recent medical certificate
- Birth certificate
- Criminal record