Tutor in France (EN)
The Oliver Twist company was created in 1992. We are members of the quality contract l’Office, UFAAP and IAPA which insure you the quality of our services.
We have more than 20 years of experience concerning the welcoming organization of young foreign people in France. We gained a strong reputation thanks to our strict selection of families and young tutors, considering everyone’s needs.
The « tutoring » program is a cultural exchange where you share a family daily life. We placed tutors in France, in each part of the country, but most of all in the South-West of France (Bordeaux, Nantes, Angers, Toulouse…).
The family will provide you full board. Being a tutor is the opportunity to learn French and discover a country. In exchange of 15 hours a week, you will have to teach the family members your language during your stay.
You can stay from 1 to 3 months in France. You will also have the possibility to have French classes during your free time. It is a cheaper way to travel abroad and learn or improve a foreign language.
WHAT COMMITMENTS ?
- Teach your host family members your mother tongue for 15 hours a week (weekend are free).
- Participate to the family activities and be considered as a member.
In France you will:
- have an assistance (paper work…)
- have an emergency number available 24/7
- keep in touch throughout the social networks (Skype, Facebook, Twitter)
- a placement in family carefully selected
THE HOST FAMILY
They will offer you:
- Your own room
- Full board
- Free time for French courses
- An insurance (medical, civil liability and repatriation)
Your registration and your placement are free.
You will only have to pay for your french courses if you wish and your travel . The Oliver Twist agency will help you find a language school close to where you live.
When your file is complete, we will send it to our families. When a family is interested in your profile, we will send you their contact details so you can be in touch by mail or skype. Once they accept you, we take care of administrative procedures.
For the program, you must :
- be 18 to 65 years old
- be english, spanish or german speaker
- have at least one university degree or an equivalent
- have some notions in french
- be open-minded, tolerant and flexible
- be available from 1 to 3 months
- not have a criminal record
Things that help to be placed:
- be non-smoker
FORMALITIES AND CONSTITUTION OF THE FILE
Citizens of the European Union must hold a national identity card or a valid passport.
To register, we need :
- The tutoring application form
- 2 smiley ID pictures
- A résume
- A copy of your last diploma
- A cover letter in French or in English
- A reference letter
- A copy of your ID card or your passport
- A copy of your criminal record